1. I love my classes. Even my english class, which is supposed to be hard as hell. Even my latin class, because though I despise latin the professor thinks I'm pretty awesome. :D
2. I've got a minor! Or, at least, I probably will be having a minor... well, I've DECIDED on a minor. Art History. Huzzah! Betcha didn't see that one coming.
3. My friends Annie and Dieter broke up. This is good, because they should have broken up a while ago. It was just getting long and drawn out and unpleasant for everyone involved. Two weeks after they broken up Annie started dating Hong, my asian friend who is so adorable. Plus, he's an excellent dancer (and by dancing, I don't mean grinding, I mean salsa, chacha, and other spanishesque dances that I can't spell XD). They're so cute together.
4. My roommate also has a boyfriend now. He's pretty awesome. :) He made her a dreamcatcher for her birthday (at least, I think that's why he made it for her.. maybe he did it just for the hell of it?) and I was all AW. I think he really cares about her and that makes me happy. Even if he does kidnap her all the time. XD
5. I had a pretty good time at the winter formal last night. I think I looked amazing, since I was wearing my contacts and I actually bothered putting on makeup. As per usual, the boys there were not the greatest, but I did get to see a lot of people I've been too busy to see lately.
6. The birthday party that I threw for my roommate yesterday was a complete success. Sixteen people showed up, we ate through all the ice cream except some of the chocolate, and I think everyone had a really good time. I felt really proud of myself because I used to think I was pretty crappy at hosting parties.
7. My roommate's new boyfriend wants to hook me up with one of his friends. No comment. :D I mean, sure, I've been single for ages, and now all my friends at college are suddenly getting boyfriends, but I don't think I'm half as bothered by this as I used to be. Eventually being picky will pay off for me. And hell, I'm not even that picky. I have just five requirements. JUST FIVE, and I'm willing to waive the appearence related ones for a really great guy.
- BE SANE. This means no stalking, no obsessive calling/texting/IMing. This also means being free of serious mental illness (I'm talking schizophrenia, bipolar, any major personality disorder).
- Not just want to get in my pants. That will come in time. I'm not opposed to sex, I'm just opposed to sex with people I hardly know.
- Be taller than me OR at least the same height.
- Be mature and intellectual. I don't care if you're a bio major or a poli sci major or heck, even an art major (that would actually be kinda hot). Just.. be in college. Even community college. Or have some kind of life plan that would eventually lead to a decent job. Being mature entails not doing stupid shit like being a klepto or getting trashed every weekend and then being in denial about your alchoholism. It also means being done with just fucking around with girls.
- Be independent. If you cling to me, I will push you away.
Simple, hm? Oh, I know. I ask for so little. XD
Not so happy things
1. 18 CREDITS IS DEATH. I'm in class all the freaking time and my desk calender is filled with paper due dates, tests, and club meetings. :( I would want to drop a class but I'm a credit whore.
2. I seesaw back and forth between going to Rutgers next year and staying at Hood. Rutgers would mean more opportunity, but the people I've met here are just so amazing. I don't want to have to go through being assigned a roommate that I don't get along with and having to make new friends. Regardless, I feel like my parents will make me go to Rutgers just because it's cheaper.
3. My dad has been sending me harassing emails for the past couple weeks and my mom's lawyer hasn't done SHIT about it.
4. Heath Ledger died. :( 'Nuff said.
5. I think I've lost weight. Boo. Eating is just so hard and un-fun lately, probably because the dining hall food sucks and on certain days of the week I don't have time for lunch and never get up in time for breakfast.
Okay, that's it. I swear I'll start updating this thing more often now. :)
So I have happy things to write about and then a few not so happy things. Yes, it's been a while since I've written in here. I think I need to get around to doing it more often.